Working group selection
Please select here the working group you are interested in for the Symposium. The working groups we offer are the following:
1. Youth Work and Civic Education In current social developments, democracy in Europe is under pressure. What contribution does youth work make to promoting and maintaining a democratic civil society? How can we head off the dangers that come with a weakening and underfunding of the working field?
2. Local Youth Work and Europe Organising youth groups locally and bringing in a European perspective is not a contradiction, but an enrichment for both fields. How can local projects benefit from international networking, and what conditions are necessary for this? How can sustainable networks of international youth cooperation be established, maintained and strengthened under changing conditions?
3. Youth Work and Mental Health Wars, price increases, the aftermath of Corona, a political shift to the right: in a time of multiple crises, young people, professionals and youth work organisations are facing additional challenges. How do we deal with them? What is needed to make us and the structures in which we are active more resilient?
4. Youth Work as a Profession When it comes to caring for children and young people, are parents and volunteers enough for this? In the struggle for social recognition of care work, sufficient funding of youth work structures plays a special role. What needs to be done to improve the working conditions? What can politicians, administrators, youth work organisations and employees do to improve the situation?
5. Diversity and Inclusion So far, young people with international family histories, refugee experiences, interrupted educational biographies and those from rural areas have been significantly underrepresented in international projects and formats of civic education. How can we address diverse target groups? How can a diverse workforce up to the management level of youth work be achieved?
Privacy Agreement: I hereby consent to the following processing of my personal data by the Internationales Bildungs- und Begegnungswerk e.V. Dortmund (IBB) in accordance with EU GDPR: The personal data requested through this form will be processed by IBB. The processing of personal data by IBB includes data collection and storage. This data will only be processed for the purposes of the service such as event planning and implementation as well as sending further information relevant to the event before and after the event. This data will only be processed by authorised persons in compliance with appropriate data security. Further information on data protection can be found on our website: https://generationeurope.org/en/privacy-policy/
Non-participation without good reason or without notice of cancellation: I have taken note that IBB e.V. reserves the right to charge my organisation (or me) for costs in whole or in part or not to reimburse me for costs if I do not participate in the offer without a valid reason. This applies in particular if I do not cancel my participation.
Photo Agreement: The licensor irrevocably agrees for him/herself and his/her legal successors to the use and publication of his/her images, audio and videos for the purposes of the IBB e. V. without time limit and free of charge: The IBB e. V. may publish in particular images, audio and videos without any temporal, local and contentwise restriction on the Internet, in printed works as well as on IBB own advertising flyers, and in every known medium and also in future media. without temporal limitation and may combine my images in connection with other portraits, textual and other representations and information. The IBB e. V. may change my images, audio recordings or Videos, provided that the change respects my general personality rights. Consent to the use and publication of my images, audio and videos includes passing them on to the Evangelisches Erwachsenenbildungswerk Westfalen und Lippe as roof organisation of adult education as well as to the project partners and funding organisations involved in Generation Europe. I have the right to object in writing to the use and publication of individual images, audio recordings or videos licensed here within a period of one month from the creation of the image if the image, audio recording or video embarrasses me in its situational character and I would feel violated in my personal rights, which would be comprehensible if objectively viewed by a third party.